Wow, yesterday was amazing! Lots of food, family, and amazing football (go Redskins)! We has so much fun, we’re doing it again today… no, really! At my house this time! But before I start prepping everything, I must tell you all about the coolest and nicest award that I received yesterday from Gina at Beach & Sand and lesson plans. she nominated me for the Liebster Award, which is given to up and coming bloggers (less than 200 followers) by other bloggers. The award is to show that no matter how small you are, or how new you may be, that you are appreciated putting yourself out there and sharing all your fun ideas! How cool?!
Here are the rules:
So for 11 random things about ME:
1. I consider myself a pretty huge nerd. I really enjoy silly math puns, and weird math t-shirts to hang around my classroom.
2. My dog, Dozer, and his crazy personality, brings me hours of laughter!
3. My mind works in graphs and tables, which sometimes drives my students crazy!
4. I like things to be very linear or geometric (check out the cake pops from Thanksgiving! A 6×9 array of chocolaty goodness!)
5. I am a formatting snob. Everything must be formatted properly BEFORE I begin making everything. This used to drive my math team-mates crazy. They’ve come to accept my lunacy, though.
6. I LOVE fun fonts. My blog doesn’t have too many crazy fonts happening, mainly because I want to keep the font size small, but legible. However, I love finding new fun fonts to use, especially in my classroom
7. I also LOVE fun colors (orange is my favorite though!) – See above!
8. I love weird, wacky, whimsical Christmas ornaments!
9. I can’t work or be productive without having noise on in the background. My television is often tuned to Bravo, HGTV, or the Food Network!
10. I love the Big Bang Theory! Such a great mix of humor and nerdiness!
11. I love patterns! Numbers or words! Text Twist and Scrabble are two of my favorite games!
Here are the questions Gina asked of ME:
1. What is your favorite subject to teach? Hands down, MATH! I love patterns, number games, and all-things mathematical.
2. What movie could you watch over and over? Hmm, this one is hard. A League of Their Own. No matter how many times I’ve seen it, if I flip through the tv and it’s on…. I stop and jump right into the “recite-a-thon”.
3. Would you rather live in a place with a cold or warm climate? Warm! Not hot, but warm. I am constantly cold, so I would love to find a place where it is perpetually spring/fall whether!
4. Do you have a favorite vacation spot? Not really – we like stay-cations. Just relaxing and not being on the go 24/7 is a nice change of pace for us!
5. Do you cook most nights or eat out? About half and half.
6. What professional book have you read lately or do you have any that you couldn’t live without? I just purchased Rethinking Homework, I have yet to read it, but I’m sure it’s going to be a game changer. I’ve had a internal-struggle with homework for years and I’m hoping that the book can help me teeter in one direction.
7. What do you do for you that is fun? I love board games. Settlers of Catan is my current favorite, quickly followed by Ticket to Ride.
8. Are you a dog or cat person? Dog! We love our little fur baby!
9. Are you a middle child, oldest, or baby of the family? Or are you an only child? I’m the oldest of two girls.
10. How did you pick your blog name? MissMathDork is a name I came up with for an email when I was in college. When I started a blog I decided to use it again, even though I guess it should now be Mrs. 🙂
11. What is your favorite dessert? Anything chocolate. I love combos of hot and cold too!
Now my 11 questions for the bloggers I’m nominating:
1. What’s your favorite color?
2. What is your favorite television show?
3. What is your favorite comfort food?
4. What made you go into teaching?
5. What is your favorite lesson that you teach?
6. Do you have any classroom “collections” ? (I collect Tigger items!)
7. If you could be anywhere in the world, other than where you are now, where would you be and why?
8. What is your dream summer vacation?
9. Do you have a classroom reward system? What’s it like?
10. What professional book have you read lately or do you have any that you couldn’t live without?
11. How did you pick your blog name?
Here are the 11 blogs I nominated: (check them out- they’re AWESOME!)
1. Surfing to Success!
2. Upper grades are Awesome!
3. Math = Love
4. 24-7 Teacher
5. One, Two, Three, MATH TIME!
6. Mrs. O’Donnell’s Room
7. Math to the Core
8. Love 2 Teach 2
9. Creation Castle
10. The Wise Owl
11. Coefficients of Determinations
Don’t forget to leave me a link to your blog so I can learn more about you! Hope you enjoyed learning about me! Okay, back to making Thanksgiving Day #2 meal!!